Tuesday, July 18, 2006

a meal that makes me CRY!

Went to eat at Min Jiang at One-North, Rochester Park. I think I was crying inside my heart when I look at the bill. I am not paying for it but it was for my birthday celebration and I suggested that place. Damn the wine and dine asiaone review for giving them a rating of 8.3/10 : ) It kind of made me feel pretty useless, making my parents spend this kind of money in such a posh place that serves mediocre food. I wished everyone enjoyed the dinner but somehow the perceived value of the food just does not match up to the price tag in my opinion. Every mouthful I take just taste a bit more bitter. I was hoping for something special, but was disappointed. Of course my parents and others gave some comments like 'this dish is unique' or 'that taste interesting' . In my heart I know they only say those things out of courtesy. Maybe I should have just celebrated with a simple meal at home. If you want to look good and be cool that is one place you can go, but eating there rips my heart out.

Besides, the place looked understaff. There was a lady at the other table waving her hand every now and then trying to catch the attention of the waiter/ress. I could see from her face that her patience is wearing thin. Damn again, we are like paying a bomb for the food at least we would expect the service to be of a certain quality.

I really don't know how to make it up to my parents for bringing them to such a place. In my father's heart he would probably be thinking this place ho kuah bo ho jiak. A serious error in judgment on my part. I should have carefully considered blinkymummy's reviews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home