Saturday, June 03, 2006

Just do it

Instead of looking at the insurmountable mountain growing taller each day, I've decided to just take a step at a time. Do what I can. 101 errands to run on Monday on top of the current load. This is gonna be a tiring week ahead.

Verses of the day

Psalm 39

I said,"I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin;
I will put a muzzle on my mouth as long as teh wicked are i my presence."
But when I was silent and still, not even saying anything good, my anguish incresed.
My heart grew hot within me, and as I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue:

"Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro:
He bustles about, but only in vain;
He heaps up wealth, not knowing how will get it.

"But now, Lord, what do I look for?
My hope is in you.
Save me from all my transgressions;
do not makeme the scorn of fools.
I was silent; I would nto open my mouth,
for you are the one who has done this.
Remove your scourge from me;
I am overcome by the blow of your hand.
You rebuke and discipline men for their sin;
you consume their wealth like a moth each man is but a breath.

"Hear my prayer, O Lord,
Listen to my cry for help;
be not deaf to my weeping.
For I dwelll with you as an alien,
a stranger, as all m fathers were.
Look away from me, that I may rejoice again
before I depart and am no more."

James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your fiath develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Strengthen the word in me O Lord. Grant me your grace and peace and help rise up to the challenges ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home