Thursday, September 21, 2006

Singapore dreaming Worldpress photo juxtapose

Watching Singapore dreaming and going to view the gruesome worldpress photos after that just makes me think that the concerns of Singaporean are so minor. Somehow I am still trapped in that rat race to acheive finacial gains when there are so many out there facing conditions 100 X worse. I don't know whether to count my blessings or vent my woes. I can identify the challenges highlighted in Singapore dreaming but it pales in comparisons when I see those brillantly-captured tragic depiction of human disaters. The decapitated head is still stucked in my mind. Yet the problems in this sheltered environment somehow seemed more real to me. I can understand the grief of those disater struck nations, but only from a distance. Perhaps Maslows can come to my defence, to explain my inability to empathise with the suffering. I suspect many Singaporeans feel that the finacial yoke is heavier and more real than starving or war. We wouldn't give up a Singaporean's dream for world peace : ) I guess only few would choose the road less travelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home